- 08 Feb 2024
- 9 Minutes to read
- Updated on 08 Feb 2024
- 9 Minutes to read
Who should read this article: Administrators, Supervisors
Use AI to analyze call recording transcripts and label them according to keyword usage and score them according to conversation rating.
Voiso's Speech analytics suite uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to process and analyze call audio recordings. Speech analytics is applied to the following features:
The Voiso Speech Recognition engine supports the following languages:
Enabling Speech Analytics
Administrators should follow these steps to set up the Speech Analytics feature:
- In the Voiso navigation menu bar, navigate to System Settings > Speech Analytics. Scroll down to the Speech Analytics section:
- Select Identify language automatically or select individual languages.
- Specify minimum call length for transcription using the Transcribe calls with talk time over, sec field. Use this setting to avoid recording short calls where retaining a transcript might not be critical.
- Set up Keyword groups, a classified list of keywords to be highlighted in call transcripts and reports according to your business needs. In the Voiso navigation bar, navigate to Administration > Keyword groups.
- Optionally, you can replicate call recordings and analyzed transcripts to your Amazon S3 bucket for further analysis outside of Voiso. Refer to Call Recordings Replication to S3.
- Review keyword use in your contact center.
Keywords and keyword groups
Speech Analytics highlights keywords in call transcripts and classifies them by keyword group so that you can easily identify keywords in a transcript and determine how well agents are complying with your business practices.
The Keyword groups feature includes five groups by default:
- Positive (editable but cannot be deleted)
- Negative (editable but cannot be deleted)
You can modify or delete the default groups according to your business needs, and also add custom keyword groups. Refer to Managing Keyword groups for more information about how to customize keyword groups for your organization.
Enabling Speech Analytics for a user
After you have enabled Speech Analytics in your contact center and created your keyword groups, enable Speech Analytics for specific users by using Security Access Groups.
Create a new security access group, follow these steps:
- From the Voiso main menu, navigate to Administration > Security access groups.
- Click Add access group.
- Select the privileges for the new group.
- To enable Speech Analytics, enable the Enable Transcriptions with Analytics.
- Click Save.
- Assign the new security access group to specific users.
The Voiso Speech analytics feature processes call audio recordings into a text transcript of the call. It then applies keyword group labeling to the text transcript, ensuring compliance with your business standards. The analyzed transcript is stored in the Call Detail Record (CDR).
You can use the reports from the Speech Analytics feature to gauge the climate and tone of your agents' conversations with your contacts.
Use Case: Call transcript review
Reviewing call recordings to ensure compliance with your organization's standards is time-consuming for supervisors. With the transcripts produced by the Keywords and Speech analytics features, supervisors can quickly review the content of a call recording without spending time listening to the audio.
The Call Detail Record (CDR) for each analyzed call recording includes the transcript with highlighted keywords and a table displaying the count of keywords, the group they belong to, and the person who said the keywords.
Transcripts enable Supervisors to review conversations quickly, and the highlighted content permits supervisors to focus on the crucial quality elements, ensuring that calls are handled correctly.
You can specify the minimum call duration for transcription by setting the Transcribe calls with talk time over x sec option in the Speech analytics section of the System settings page.
The Call transcription panel is displayed at the bottom of a call detail record page after the audio clip. Click Transcript view (1) to access the call transcript. Click Table view (2) to access the keyword statistics. Click the speaker filters (3) to toggle among All, Agent, and Client information. Click the keyword filters (4) to toggle among All, Negative, Positive, and other keyword groups. Use the Search field to find specific words and phrases in the transcript.
The transcript includes timestamps for each spoken part. Click the timestamp to go directly to that part in the recording to hear the speech in context.
Call transcript table
To access the keyword statistics, click Table view (2) in the Call transcription panel. The call transcript table displays the number of times each party used each keyword on a call.
You can replicate call transcripts to your Amazon S3 bucket for use outside of Voiso. Refer to Call Recordings Replication to S3 for information about setting up this feature.
Transcripts uploaded to AWS S3 do not include any analysis data. Only the raw transcript is uploaded. To leverage the analysis capabilites, use the CDR Call transcription feature transcription and table views.
Use Case: Monitoring compliance
The Compliance keyword group contains words and phrases used in conversations that might indicate a risk to your organization. By highlighting the use of these words in a conversation, the Speech Analytics feature can help you to mitigate risk rapidly.
You can use the Real-time dashboard to monitor compliance while monitoring your agent's activity.
When you set up the Agent List widget, select Compliance in the Analytics tab to include a count of your agents' use of compliance terms.
The Compliance column is added to the Agent List widget. When the Speech Analytics completes an analysis of a call recording it increments the count of compliance terms in the Agent List widget.
Use the Keyword counter widget to monitor keyword use by one or more agents. When you set up the Keyword counter widget, select Compliance in the General tab to include a count of the use of compliance terms by your agents.
The Keyword counter widget displays a bar graph of keyword use for each specified agent or team.
If you notice that certain agents are including an unexpected number of compliance terms during their calls, you can use the CDR to review specific call transcripts.
To review a call transcript for compliance term use, follow these steps:
- On the Voiso navigation bar, navigate to Reporting > CDR.
- Select the name of the agent from the Agent/Supervisor filter menu. You can also search for a specific keyword by entering it in the Keyword field.
- Click Search.
- Scroll down to the list of interactions and click the date and time of the interaction you want to review.
It might take several minutes for the latest call to be available in the CDR due to call recording processing.
- In the Call Detail Record, scroll down to the Call transcription section.
- The count of keyword usage is displayed above the call transcript. Click a keyword group to display only those lines that include one or more terms from that keyword group. In the transcript, keywords are highlighted by being underlined and colored according to keyword group.
- Click Agent to view only the content spoken by your agent. Click Client to view only the content spoken by the contact.
- Click Compliance to review the compliance keyword group content.
To review the longer term compliance keyword use, run a historical report. To create a historical report, follow these steps:
- On the Voiso navigation bar, navigate to Reporting > Historical reports.
- Click Create report.
- From the Report type menu, select Agent List.
- Select a date or date range from the Date menu.
- In the Analytics tab, select All participants, Agent, or Client.
- Choose Compliance from the keyword groups.
- In the Agents tab, select a team or selected agents.
- Click Run report.
- Scroll down to view the report table. The count of compliance terms for each agent during the report interval is displayed in the table.
Use Case: Monitoring real-time keyword use
Two Real-time dashboard widgets report on keyword group use by agent:
To display these widgets, follow these steps:
- On the Voiso navigation bar, navigate to Reporting > Real-time dashboards.
- Select a dashboard or add a new dashboard.
- Click Add widget.
- Select and configure the Keyword Counter and Agent List widgets. Refer to the following subsections for information about configuring the widgets.
Keyword Counter widget
The Keyword Counter widget displays the total number of times keywords from selected keyword groups occur in conversations for each agent in selected teams.
In the General tab, specify the name of the widget, the keyword groups you want to display, and whether you want to track all participants, agents, or clients (contacts).
In the Teams tab, specify the team or teams of agents you want to monitor.
Click Save to add the widget to the dashboard.
Agent List widget
You can configure the Agent List widget to display a wide range of data for each agent, including keyword groups.
In the Analytics tab, select the Keyword groups that you want to monitor for each selected agent or team. Specify whether you want to track all participants, agents, or clients (contacts).
Use Case: Reviewing historical keyword use
The Agent List historical report can include information about keyword group use. To display keyword group use in the Agent List report, from the Voiso navigation bar, navigate to Reporting > Historical reports and select Agent List from the Report type menu.
In the Analytics tab (1), select the Keyword groups (3) that you want to monitor for each selected agent or team. Specify whether you want to track all participants, agents, or clients (contacts) only (2).